Collection of Personal Information
Generally United Global Travel Services will collect Personal Information directly from you when you deal with United Global Travels either on-line from our website, email, or facsimile. We may also collect data and information from you to provide us with feedback or when we invite you to complete surveys. Following are Personal Information that United Global Travels collects:
- Data and Information such as customer’s full name, residential address, Passport details, gender, date of birth, telephone number, email address, mailing address, dietary/special meal requirements, and health issues/problems;
- Additional Information to facilitate payments such as debit/credit card number, card type, card expiry date, card security number, personal account details, or bank account details;
- Reports and other customer Personal Information that United Global Travels may receive from third party agencies or suppliers;
- All relevant details and information required either by us, or by relevant travel service providers, including but not limited to hotels, airlines, and tour activity providers in relation to your bookings or travel arrangements. United Global Travels may also collect certain sensitive Personal Information about you for the purpose of our business interests or activities.
United Global Travel Services will assume that you have consented or agreed to the collection of all data and information which are provided to us for use in accordance to this Policy, unless you inform us or tell us otherwise.
Share of Personal Information with Third Parties
We collect your Personal Information for both our internal purposes and also on behalf of the parties for whom we act as an agent or a partner or an affiliate, for their own internal purposes. Therefore, by consenting under this statement means that you have also consented that your Personal Information being used by us or being provided and used equally to the third parties whose products and services we sell or we advertise/offer in our website.
In addition, you have also consented that your Personal Information may also be used or shared with the Law Enforcement/Government Agencies, our payment processors, our customer and data centres, our suppliers, external activity providers, business liaisons, business partners, referral agents, marketing agents, and those parties who advertise/sell their products or services in our website.
We are more than happy to provide you more information about the third parties we deal with, by sending your query to us at email@example.com.
Uses of Customer Personal Information
United Global Travel Services may use and disclose your Personal Information for the purposes for which it was collected, or for a related purpose such as any or more of the following purposes:
- To complete your booking and purchase on our website;
- To manage, maintain, and update your account;
- To communicate with you;
- To provide you with products and services in accordance to your request;
- To process your payment;
- To provide you with updates on products and services offered or sold in our website, including offering special offers to you;
- To respond your questions, feedbacks, and comments;
- To improve our services to you, including disputes resolution and collection of fees/charges;
- Relevant Administration and Compliance purposes;
- Technical Support purposes, including troubleshooting;
- Seeking feedback from you as our customer;
- Marketing Purposes, including rewards and surveys.
United Global Travels will not use or disclose or sell, or rent or lease customer Personal Information to any third party agencies except as stated in this Policy.
United Global Travels will take reasonable steps to immediately inform you when we collect relevant personal information about you from Third Party agencies, or someone else.
Disclosure of Customer Personal Information
We may disclose Personal Information of current and former customers to affiliated and non-affiliated third party agencies in the following cases:
- to our business partners that perform services on United Global Travels behalf under written agreements which restrict use of customer Personal Information to the limited purposes for which it is provided to them and to refrain from further use or disclosure unless permitted by laws;
- to our affiliates who are permitted to disclose and use the Personal Information only to the extent that we may disclose and use the Personal Information under this Policy;
- to UGTS’s attorneys, accountants, auditors and consultants;
- to our IT systems affiliates, including our web developers, networks, payment processors, customer service centres and data entry service providers;
- to prevent or protect against actual or potential fraud/scam, suspicious transactions, unauthorised transactions, claims or other liabilities;
- to various government, regulatory or law enforcement agencies to the extent permitted or required by law, or to comply with applicable legal requirements;
- to comply with civil, criminal or regulatory investigations, or judicial process, subpoena, summons or warrants by federal, state or local authorities.
Please note that your Personal Information may be transferred across national borders and overseas for the purpose of processing your booking, payment, transaction, data consolidation, storage, and data management.
Procedures to Safeguard Personal Information
United Global Travels restricts access to Personal Information by only allowing authorised staff in our Customer Service Centre in both Australia and Philippines to access, use, amend or update the Personal Information database. United Global Travels maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to safeguard customer Personal Information.
United Global Travels protects the customer Personal Information by using password, firewalls, and other security technology. United Global Travels’ employees are strictly required to protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information.
We conduct periodical review and audit for our business and security procedures in order to best protect our customers’ Personal Information.
We cannot be held responsible for any updates or changes in your personal information or in your account due to your actions of disclosing or giving unauthorised access to a third party.
You must ensure that you keep your account details and password confidential. In the situation when you feel that your account or personal information has been compromised, please notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
Retention and Accuracy of Personal Information
United Global Travels will only keep Personal Information on internal database for as long as it is required to provide customers with products and services, and to meet relevant legal requirements.
We will destroy the customer Personal Information when we no longer need the relevant customer Personal Information.
We periodically ask customers who are dealing with us to ensure the accuracy of our Personal Information and to update any Personal Information that may have changed.
Access and Correction
As our customer, you may request in writing to access your Personal Information that we hold, any time, in a timely manner, by contacting our Customer Service Centre through:
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: Po Box 21127
Little Lonsdale Street, Melbourne VIC 8011
- Phone: (03) 9671 3993
- In-Person: Level 5, Suite 3, 55 Swanston St, Melbourne VIC 3000
You may also request United Global Travels on incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, out of date, or misleading information to be corrected. We will take appropriate actions to process your request, amend the relevant information, inform you about the correction, and if it required, we will also inform the correction to any third party of whom the information has been disclosed.
United Global Travels will respond to your request for access to your Personal Information within a reasonable period (within 30 days) after the request is made. We shall give access to your Personal Information in the manner requested by you, if it is reasonable and practicable to do so, or otherwise, the requested Personal Information will be emailed to you.
Following are circumstances which may preclude United Global Travels to give you access to all of your Personal Information:
- United Global Travels is prohibited by law to provide you with the access; or denying access is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order;
- United Global Travels reasonably believes that giving the access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to public health or public safety;
- the provision of information would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals;
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between United Global Travels and the individual, and would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings;
- giving access would reveal the intentions of the relevant entity in relation to negotiations with the individual in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations;
- giving access would be unlawful;
- United Global Travels has a reason or reasons to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to our functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in, and giving access would likely be prejudice the taking of appropriate action in relation to the matter;
- giving access would be likely to prejudice one or more enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body; or
- the request of access would reveal or affect our evaluative information and commercially sensitive decision making process.
When we refuse to give you access or to amend the relevant information, you will receive a written notification letter which sets out our reasons and decisions. The notification letter will also consist of mechanism to complain about your refusal.
Please do not hesitate to contact us when you have a complaint. United Global Travels takes this matter seriously. We will listen, acknowledge, understand, and do everything we reasonably can to solve the problem.
We will record your complaint, inform you the progress, and provide a final response to you within 21 days of you lodging your complaint however, this may not always be possible on every occasion. Following are our complaint procedures:
- Step 1: Contact us immediately via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by phone (03) 9671 3993. You need to provide us your complaint in writing to help us efficiently resolving your complaint. Please include your booking reference and other supporting documents in your email. We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 5 days and keep you informed of the progress of your complaint throughout our complaint resolution process.
- Step 2: Our Customer Service Officer will conduct an internal investigation, inform you with the progress, and contact you with the results within 21 days. Where we have been unable to resolve your complaint within 21 days, we will inform you of the reason for the delay and specify a date when we will be in a position to finalise your complaint.
- Step 3: Once we have finalised your complaint, we will advise you of our findings and any action we have taken. We will do this in writing, unless it has been mutually agreed that we can provide it to you verbally.
- Step 4: Should you wish to speak to ATAS about your complaint you can contact them in the following ways:
If we receive your complaint verbally and we consider it appropriate, we may ask you to put your complaint in writing.
Our complaints management process is free of charge.
Our website is linked or consists of links to other websites. We are not responsible for privacy policies and business practices of these other websites. You must accept that other websites may not be subject to the same privacy policies as UGTS. You must accept that these third party links or websites may not have privacy policies in place like in our website.
In certain circumstances, which are beyond our controls, you may need to address your complaints directly to our suppliers, our activity providers, our payment processors, and all third parties who advertise/market, or sell their products and services in our website.
A cookie is a text file which placed into your computer by a web server to assist us in providing better and more personalised services to you while using our website. You can disable your cookies by adjusting your browser setting or by changing your browser preferences.
You must be aware that when cookies are disabled, you may not be able to register or use your account; you may not be able to make bookings or travel arrangements through our website; and certain features of our website may not function/operate properly.
Please note that our website is linked to other websites and third parties links. Cookies may also being used in the third party links or websites. You can adjust your browser setting to reject cookies however you must remember that some features in the third party websites may not operate properly.
United Global Travels do not link the collected statistics data about you from the cookies to your other collected information about you. We may link the auto collected data from the cookies to or from the third party vendors or websites.
Links to Other Websites